College Student in Need of Immediate Help

Requesting: $500

Location: Ukiah, CA

I graduated from community college with one of my two degrees I was pursuing and moved to another county to finish my second degree and then transfer to a university. Well, my grant money for school is on hold (it takes 4 to 6 weeks for a decision to reinstate it) and I have no way of paying my rent for September so I'm forced to go back home. I obviously won't have a job immediately. I can stay with my mom but I have a service / companion dog that falls under the Fair Housing Act of 1988 due to me having a disability but the management where my mom lives only allow one pet per household and my mom has a cat. My mom is the only family I have back home that I can stay with so I need money to get myself a place quickly.

College is a planned event. Well, I graduated in May with one of my AA degrees and want to pursue higher education and there is no university in the county I am from. So, I moved to pursue that higher education. Well, I had to go back to community college to finish one class, but found out since I already have one degree, my grant money for school is on hold. I can try to get it reinstated but it takes 4-6 weeks to get a decision back from the school. Well, I don't have the money I need for rent for September so I am forced to move back home with my mom. The management where she lives don't mind me being there but I have a disability so I have a service / companion animal that falls under the Fair Housing Amendment Act of 1988. However, my mom also is disabled and has a cat, so the management really doesn't want my dog there. So, I need to get a place for myself very quickly.

I think I need more than the limit on this site of $500 as I need deposit money and first month's rent for my own place, but I know I am limited to $500. Anyway, I will take that money and put a deposit on a place for myself. I already have leads on three jobs back home and due to having lost my previous job as a result of it being through the work-study program and I can't do that job anymore because I graduated from college, I will file for unemployment as a safety net. I will also go to social services of my home county and see what kind of help they can offer me, however, that takes time. I have already contacted my school back home and will register on Tuesday of next week to take the needed class for my transfer degree. Please know I am not a lazy or unambitious person...I just am a victim of circumstances beyond my control and I need a little help. does not verify individual user claims for accuracy. We are not responsible for content posted by individual users.

Looking For Services In A City Near Ukiah, CA?

Calpella, CATalmage, CABoonville, CANavarro, CARedwood Valley, CAHopland, CA
Philo, CAYorkville, CAWitter Springs, CAPotter Valley, CAComptche, CALakeport, CA
Willits, CAUpper Lake, CAManchester, CAFinley, CANice, CAElk, CA
Albion, CAPoint Arena, CAGualala, CACloverdale, CALucerne, CALittle River, CA
Annapolis, CAThe Sea Ranch, CAKelseyville, CAMendocino, CACaspar, CAStewarts Point, CA